目前位置:首页 > 新闻动态 > 校内新闻 >

【Pegasus Voice No.1】How strong are you?

文章来源:未知         发布时间:2021-03-10 14:19

博格思学校在致力于激发每一位学生潜能的同时,尤其重视他们在语言能力方面的发展,为了提高同学们的语言能力和提早适应国外生活,博格思学校完全打造“English Only”的环境,所有学科均由教师采用全英文教授。
为了给予同学们一个更广阔的展示自我的舞台,为了进一步丰富同学们的课余生活,为了让同学们在经典的韵律中感受美好,从今天开始,博格思学校公众平台将会开启【Pegasus Voice】栏目,邀请在读的博格思学子,以经典美文或动人的诗歌为载体,以朗诵音频的形式在这里与大家见面。
学生们通过参与活动,经历选材准备、发音练习、录播成功的整个过程,旨在激发他们内在积极向上的动力,体验努力过程中的成就感,我门坚信孩子们收获的不仅仅是朗读一首诗歌、一篇文章、亦或是一个小故事,而是沉淀、激发自身潜在能力的提升,孩子们通过挑战自我,会发现,提升自己亦并非难事,只要行动起来!就是这样简单。
当经典美文遇上纯正英语,将会擦出怎样的火花呢?
How strong are you?
Pegasus Voice | No.1
文字:网络  |   朗诵:Peter Liu(11年级)
 
 

 
How strong are you?
你有多强大?
That is a tough question to answer, whether you are a man or a woman.
不管你是男人还是女人,这都是一个很难回答的问题
But, really, I want to ask... how do you define your strength?
但是,说实话,我想知道,你是怎么定义力量的呢?
How do you know your limits? How do you know just how much you've got?
你是如何了解自己的局限性?你怎么知道你能做到什么程度?
When push comes to shove, we often discover that we are much stronger than we thin.
当压力来临时,我们会发现我们比想象中的强大。
What is Strength?
什么是力量?
Strength is not always about pure physical strength. Rather,it is about willpower.Discipline.Drive. 
力量并不是仅仅指你的肌肉力量,它更多的是指意志力、训练、动力。
It is about the capacity to get things done.
是一种能够做好事情的能力。
I know some people who are intellectually strong, but they get very little done in their jobs.
我知道有一些人虽然很聪明,但是他们在工作中能够做好的事情却很少。
And I know others who find work extremely challenging. 
而另外一些人虽然知道工作很具有挑战性。
but are able to movemountains by their sheer drive and hard work.
但他们仍能够通过强大的动力和艰苦的工作来移动大山。
They possess inner strength.
他们具有强大的内心力量。
More insteresting, is that these productive hard-workers often don't even notice the load.
更有趣的是,这些非常努力工作的人并没有意识到工作量的巨大。
Bystanders are not only amazed, but often ask, "How do you do it?"
旁观者不仅感到很吃惊,而且还经常问,“你是怎么做到的?”
The answer usually comes back,“I just work harder than the others.”
经常得到这样的回答,“我只是比别人更努力一些罢了”。
So, why are some people able to do more? 
所以,为什么有些人就能做到更多?
What gives them added drive? What gives them extra strength?
他们的动力是哪里来的呢?是谁给了他们多余的力量?
Could it be, they have simply given themselves permission to do more?
还是,仅仅是他们自己给自己力量来做到更多?
Self-Imposed Limits
自我强加的局限性
What I have observed is that most people impose their own limits. 
据我观察,很多人都是自己强加给自己的局限性。
They limit their output based on self-framed constraints of their capabilities and strengths. 
他们有时候根据能力和力量自我设定了他们局限。
Sometimes these boundaries are based on past experiences. 
有时候根据过去的经历设定一些边界,
Sometimes they are based on perceived capacities. 
还有的根据想象力的能力设定,
Sometimes these limits are based on nothing.
还有些则毫无根据的就限定了自己的力量。
I can't do that. (Why?)
我做不到。(为什么呢?)
That is too much for me. (How do you know?)
对我来说太难了。(你怎么知道太难?)
I can't put in that mucn effort. (What would happen if you did?)
我做不到那么努力你. (如果你做了会怎么样?)
I am not smart enough to solve that. (Can you be sure if you haven't tried?)
我不够聪明,解决不了这件事。(你不尝试怎么能如此确定?)
So, how do we break through these limits? How do we get stronger?
所以,怎样才能打破这些局限?怎么才能更强大?
Pushing It...
给自己点压力
Many people are going through the motions, but are nowhere near their limits.
很多人做出来实际行动,但是从来就没有达到他们的极限。
If you want to be stronger, you have to push your boundaries.
如果你想变得更加强大,你就要打破你的局限。
Pushing it is what it takes to increase your limits. In the gym, bodybuilders discovered this long ago. 
给自己施加压力就能提高你的极限。在体育馆,健身者很早之前就体会到了这一点。
But, the same principle is true when it comes to inner strength. Discipline and drive.
所以,同样的原则运用到内心力量方面也是正确的,训练自己,给自己一些动力。
Want to test your limits? Push yourself. 
你想挑战你的极限吗?那就给自己点压力。
Test your self-perceived constraints to see how accurate they are. Make sure you goals are slightly beyond what you think can be achieved.
去测试下自己以前的极限到底有多准确。要确定一个能稍微超过力所能及的目标。
You Are Stronger Than You Think.
你比自己想象的要强大
Most people underestimate their strength
很多人低估了自己的能力
As you go through your day, challenge your capacity. Test your limits
当你过每一天的时候,都要挑战一下你的能力,测试下自己的极限,
Push yourself, to find true boundaries and define your strength.
给自己施加点压力你,找到你真正的极限,然后定义你的能力。
When you discover how much you've really got, you may surprise even yourself
当你发现你真正能获取的,你会发现自己都感到不可思议。
What are your self-imposed limit? Which do you need to push ? 
你给自己强加的限制是什么?哪一方面需要你增加压力呢?
When have you found that you were much stronger than you thought?
到什么时候你会发现你比想象中要强大呢?